2/14/2012

PARAPROSDOKIANS


PARAPROSDOKIANS (Winston Churchill loved them) are figures of speech in which the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected; frequently humorous.


I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure.

Where there's a will, I want to be in it.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on my list.

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald
head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is
usually another woman.

A clear conscience is the sign of a fuzzy memory.

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the
target.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

No comments: